Welcome to my blog!!! I have been an herbalist & an aromatherapist for over 20 years!! My blog is over 10 years old & there are over 100 informative blogs here. Not only do I have hopes of teaching the masses, I too, have learned a lot during my research on different topics! There's always new & updated information in the herbal & essential oil worlds. There are blogs on herbs, essential oils, nutrition, supplements, different modalities of healing and just a little bit of everything!! Maybe in reading my blogs, just one person will come away with a bit of knowledge that they might be able to help themselves or another human being, I would consider that to be a great blessing.....

Over the years I have had several businesses. It seems I can't get away from seeing if a certain herb or essential oil can help a fellow human and that's usually how it starts. I am now in Arizona and I was asked again if I would be interested in starting another herbal business!! We now have Herbs 4 Health!! Providing numerous herbs....herbal blends....single essential oils...essential oil blends....minerals....tinctures all to help the body to heal itself.

The information in these blogs is not meant in any way shape or form to plagiarize, for I have never said this is all MY work. It is a compilation of reputable informative websites, my 'go to' books I have always depended upon & my own knowledge. I gather & put together information to help people learn & this way they can come back here to help remind themselves of said information instead of 'where oh where did I find that on the world wide web'. Seems to me it's just better & easier.

DISCLAIMER: All the information in these blogs do not diagnose, treat or heal any type illness or disease.

























Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Wonders of Chlorella......




There are 3 algae & 2 cereal grasses that are commonly available in the marketplace. The algae are chlorella, spirulina & green blue algae (aphanizomenon flas-aquae). The grasses are wheat grass & barley grass.

While all 5 products are excellent sources of nutrients, chlorella has properties that make it the most valuable of all the green food supplements.

Chlorella has 5 to 10 times the chlorophyll content of spirulina, wheat grass and barley grass. It is also higher in chlorophyll than blue green algae. As a matter of fact, chlorella contains the highest chlorophyll content of any known plant.

Besides the abundance of chlorophyll, chlorella's tough cell wall offers advantages not found in other algae or grasses. Chlorella's cell wall has been shown to eliminate toxins, pesticides and heavy metals from the body. Plus the cell wall has the ability to induce interferon production in the body which is important to immune function.

Chlorella and the other algae are abundant in beta-carotene, which is known to prevent cancer. The protein content of the algae is significantly higher than in the cereal grasses. Chlorella is about 60%, spirulina 73%, blue green algae 56%, barley grass 14% and wheat grass 18%.

Chlorella's nucleus is the factor that truly sets it apart from the other green food supplements though. Then nucleus contains chlorella growth factor (cgf).

Scientific experiments have indicated that the cgf has great rejuvenating effects. It is extremely rich in the nucleic acids, RNA and DNA. Laboratory mice fed chlorella have obtained life span increases of over 30%. Many researchers feel the cgf is responsible for this increase.

Chlorella is the most researched algae in the world. Spirulina has had less research, but also shows great promise with its unique nutritional benefits. There has not been a large amount of research on blue green algae but many people report positive health benefits.

Chlorella is the world's most popular algae with millions of satisfied users. It is the most common supplement taken in Japan. It is frequently added to tea, soup, milk. juice, noodles, yogurt & other foods.

1 comment: