Welcome to my blog!!! I have been an herbalist & an aromatherapist for over 20 years!! My blog is over 10 years old & there are over 100 informative blogs here. Not only do I have hopes of teaching the masses, I too, have learned a lot during my research on different topics! There's always new & updated information in the herbal & essential oil worlds. There are blogs on herbs, essential oils, nutrition, supplements, different modalities of healing and just a little bit of everything!! Maybe in reading my blogs, just one person will come away with a bit of knowledge that they might be able to help themselves or another human being, I would consider that to be a great blessing.....

Over the years I have had several businesses. It seems I can't get away from seeing if a certain herb or essential oil can help a fellow human and that's usually how it starts. I am now in Arizona and I was asked again if I would be interested in starting another herbal business!! We now have Herbs 4 Health!! Providing numerous herbs....herbal blends....single essential oils...essential oil blends....minerals....tinctures all to help the body to heal itself.

The information in these blogs is not meant in any way shape or form to plagiarize, for I have never said this is all MY work. It is a compilation of reputable informative websites, my 'go to' books I have always depended upon & my own knowledge. I gather & put together information to help people learn & this way they can come back here to help remind themselves of said information instead of 'where oh where did I find that on the world wide web'. Seems to me it's just better & easier.

DISCLAIMER: All the information in these blogs do not diagnose, treat or heal any type illness or disease.

























Friday, October 21, 2011

Info on Base/Carrier Oils


Sweet Almond Oil:
 a very pale yellow from the kernel. It contains glucosides, minerals, vitamins & is rich in proteins. It's good for all skin types. It helps relieve itching, soreness, dryness & inflammation. It can be used 100% as a base oil.

Apricot kernel Oil: a pale yellow, again, from the kernel. It contains minerals & vitamins. It's good for all types of skin, especially prematurely aged, sensitive, inflamed or dry skin. It can be used 100% as a base oil.

Avocado Pearl Oil: a dark green oil obtained from the fruit. It contains vitamins, proteins, lecithin & fatty acids. It's good for all skin types, but especially dry & dehydrated. Good for eczema too. I'd only use 10% of this added to a good base oil.

Borage Seed Oil: is a pale yellow oil obtained from the seeds. It contains gamma linolenic acid, vitamins & minerals. It's good for multiple sclerosis, menopausal problems, heart disease, psoriasis and eczema, prematurely aged skin. Good for regenerating and stimulating the skin too. It should be used as 10% added to your base oils.

Carrot Oil: This is a great essential oil in its own right, but often used in base oils. It's orange, of course. It contains vitamins, minerals, beta-carotin. It's great for premature aging, itching, dryness, psoriasis and eczema. It's rejuvenating & can help reduce scarring. Only use as a 10% dilution...do NOT use undiluted on the skin.

Corn Oil: Personally, I wouldn't use this for anything on my skin, let alone eat it. Remember, it's a GMO, but to each his own. It's pale yellow in color. It contains proteins, vitamins & minerals. It's soothing on all skins & can be used 100% as a base oil.

Evening Primrose Oil: It's a pale yellow & contains gamma lincolenic acid, vitamins & minerals. It's great for multiple sclerosis, menopausal problems, heart disease. Excellent in the treatment of psoriasis and eczema. Helps to prevent premature aging of the skin. Use only as a 10% dilution in your base oils.

Grapeseed Oil: It's almost colorless or a pale green. It contains vitamins, minerals & proteins. Great for all skin types & can be used as a 100% base oil. It's an inexpensive oil one can use, but it doesn't have a very long shelf life.

Hazelnut Oil: Yellow in color & obtained from the kernel. It contains vitamins, minerals, proteins & is great for all skin types, although it has a slight astringent action. It can be used as a 100% base oil.

Jojoba Oil: (My personal favorite!) Its bright yellow in color & is obtained from the bean. It contains proteins, minerals and is the only oil that is the closest to the sebum in our skin! It's great for inflamed skin, psoriasis, eczema, acne, hair care, all skin types. It's highly penetrative! I'd use this as a 10% dilution in a base oil. (I use it nightly after I clean my face, just a dab around the eyes & up the neck...it's also my after shower oil & I use a dab on my hair for conditioner...it's my all over oil!!)

Olive Oil: Green in color. It contains proteins, minerals & vitamins. It's good for rheumatic conditions, hair care, cosmetics. It's a very soothing oil. Use as a 10% dilution in your base oil.

Peanut Oil: Pale yellow in color & it contains proteins, vitamins & minerals. Great for all skin types & it can be used as a 100% base oil

Safflower Oil: Pale yellow. It contains proteins, vitamins & minerals. Great for all skin types & can be used 100% as a base oil

Sesame Oil: Dark yellow. It contains vitamins, minerals, proteins, lecithin & amino acids. It's great for psoriasis, eczema, rheumatism, arthritis & all types of skin. I'd add this to my base oil in a 10% dilution.

Soya Bean Oil: It's pale yellow & contains proteins, minerals & vitamins. Good for all skin types & can be used as 100% base oil.

Sunflower Oil: It's a pale yellow & contains vitamins & minerals. Great for all skin types & can be used 100% as a base oil.

Wheatgerm Oil: It's a yellowish orange & contains proteins, minerals & vitamins. It's great for eczema, psoriasis, prematurely aged skin & all other skin types. I'd use this as a 10% dilution in your base oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment