Welcome to my blog!!! I have been an herbalist & an aromatherapist for over 20 years!! My blog is over 10 years old & there are over 100 informative blogs here. Not only do I have hopes of teaching the masses, I too, have learned a lot during my research on different topics! There's always new & updated information in the herbal & essential oil worlds. There are blogs on herbs, essential oils, nutrition, supplements, different modalities of healing and just a little bit of everything!! Maybe in reading my blogs, just one person will come away with a bit of knowledge that they might be able to help themselves or another human being, I would consider that to be a great blessing.....

Over the years I have had several businesses. It seems I can't get away from seeing if a certain herb or essential oil can help a fellow human and that's usually how it starts. I am now in Arizona and I was asked again if I would be interested in starting another herbal business!! We now have Herbs 4 Health!! Providing numerous herbs....herbal blends....single essential oils...essential oil blends....minerals....tinctures all to help the body to heal itself.

The information in these blogs is not meant in any way shape or form to plagiarize, for I have never said this is all MY work. It is a compilation of reputable informative websites, my 'go to' books I have always depended upon & my own knowledge. I gather & put together information to help people learn & this way they can come back here to help remind themselves of said information instead of 'where oh where did I find that on the world wide web'. Seems to me it's just better & easier.

DISCLAIMER: All the information in these blogs do not diagnose, treat or heal any type illness or disease.

























Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Good ol' Peppermint!!!



Known since antiquity for it's distinctive aroma & medicinal value. It's actually a hybrid mint -- a cross between water mint & spearmint. Peppermint is one of the most popular herbs in the food industry. One can grow it easily in moderate climates, but beware -- it's very invasive!!

Peppermint is an excellent digestive aid. It soothes & calms the digestive system. Helps to get rid of gas, indigestion, heartburn, morning sickness, motion sickness, cramping, stomach aches, headaches & even IBS.

*Good for relaxing nerves & improving circulation.

*Improves digestion when consumed after meals.

*Mild tea can be added to bath to gently bring down a fever.

*Contains calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, potassium & manganese.

*Mild peppermint tea rubbed on baby's tummy can help relieve colic & promote relaxation, especially when combined with chamomile.

*A cup of strong tea in a bath can help relax muscles.

*Anti-bacterial, antioxidant, antispasmodic, health promoting properties.

*Rich in essential oils, vitamins A, C, E K & many B vitamins, dietary fiber & carotene.

*Helps to control blood cholesterol & blood pressure.

*Contains potassium, an important component of cells & body fluids to help control heart rate & blood pressure.

*Enhances memory & helps to increase alertness.

*Anti-microbial activity. Helps to clean the gut.

The oil & the herb are the go to's for gut health & IBS

No comments:

Post a Comment