Welcome to my blog!!! I have been an herbalist & an aromatherapist for over 20 years!! My blog is over 10 years old & there are over 100 informative blogs here. Not only do I have hopes of teaching the masses, I too, have learned a lot during my research on different topics! There's always new & updated information in the herbal & essential oil worlds. There are blogs on herbs, essential oils, nutrition, supplements, different modalities of healing and just a little bit of everything!! Maybe in reading my blogs, just one person will come away with a bit of knowledge that they might be able to help themselves or another human being, I would consider that to be a great blessing.....

Over the years I have had several businesses. It seems I can't get away from seeing if a certain herb or essential oil can help a fellow human and that's usually how it starts. I am now in Arizona and I was asked again if I would be interested in starting another herbal business!! We now have Herbs 4 Health!! Providing numerous herbs....herbal blends....single essential oils...essential oil blends....minerals....tinctures all to help the body to heal itself.

The information in these blogs is not meant in any way shape or form to plagiarize, for I have never said this is all MY work. It is a compilation of reputable informative websites, my 'go to' books I have always depended upon & my own knowledge. I gather & put together information to help people learn & this way they can come back here to help remind themselves of said information instead of 'where oh where did I find that on the world wide web'. Seems to me it's just better & easier.

DISCLAIMER: All the information in these blogs do not diagnose, treat or heal any type illness or disease.

























Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Neuropathy Helpers




A lot of us suffer with neuropathy and many times the scripts just don't help. www.herbs-4-health.com makes an amazing essential oil blend to help relieve the pain & suffering from neuropathy. But along with external help, there are things that can be taken internally to help it along as well.

Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) is a powerful antioxidant that's been used for years to relieve neuropathy in European countries. Both fat & water soluble, it moves into the nerve cells - improving blood flow and oxygen to the nerves, helping to scrub them free of any irritating free-radical damage. ALA has been shown in several double-blind placebo, controlled studies (the gold standard of scientific research) to ease the numbness, burning and pain associated with this condition!

B-vitamins are quite possibly the most critical nutrient for proper nerve function. Deficiency has been linked to neuropathy in the hands and in the feet. These B-vitamins help form and maintain protective fatty layer that surrounds the nerve, known as the myelin sheath. Without a strong myelin sheath to protect the nerve cell, the nerve becomes unstable and cannot function properly. Scientists have even found that B-12 may reduce the damage caused by neuropathy and even create new nerve cells. Be sure you get the true B-12, as there are a lot of fake ones out there. It is also 'termed' the stress vitamin.

The nerve's protective layer is made out of fat, and as such, the nerves depend on fat for repair. A 2015 study published in the Journal of Neurophysiology shows that fatty acids can restore the condition of damaged nerves. Researchers also observed that fatty acids improve nerve density, sensory signal transmission and stimulate the growth of new nerve cells.

Here's some more supplements that can help with neuropathy: Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Folic Acid, Spirulina, Passion Flower, Skullcap, Turmeric & Resveratrol which is a liquid supplement.

No comments:

Post a Comment