Welcome to my blog!!! I have been an herbalist & an aromatherapist for over 20 years!! My blog is over 10 years old & there are over 100 informative blogs here. Not only do I have hopes of teaching the masses, I too, have learned a lot during my research on different topics! There's always new & updated information in the herbal & essential oil worlds. There are blogs on herbs, essential oils, nutrition, supplements, different modalities of healing and just a little bit of everything!! Maybe in reading my blogs, just one person will come away with a bit of knowledge that they might be able to help themselves or another human being, I would consider that to be a great blessing.....

Over the years I have had several businesses. It seems I can't get away from seeing if a certain herb or essential oil can help a fellow human and that's usually how it starts. I am now in Arizona and I was asked again if I would be interested in starting another herbal business!! We now have Herbs 4 Health!! Providing numerous herbs....herbal blends....single essential oils...essential oil blends....minerals....tinctures all to help the body to heal itself.

The information in these blogs is not meant in any way shape or form to plagiarize, for I have never said this is all MY work. It is a compilation of reputable informative websites, my 'go to' books I have always depended upon & my own knowledge. I gather & put together information to help people learn & this way they can come back here to help remind themselves of said information instead of 'where oh where did I find that on the world wide web'. Seems to me it's just better & easier.

DISCLAIMER: All the information in these blogs do not diagnose, treat or heal any type illness or disease.

























Thursday, August 3, 2017

Interesting info on Essential Oils



In doing some research on essential oils, I came upon some information that made me go...huh???

Basically only MLM essential oil companies recommend this. I have seen from Aromatherapy Institutes, reputable magazines, etc. where they profusely advise against this! The MLM e.o. companies state it is ok to ingest essential oils regularly...this is NOT advisable...the sensitive tissues on the insides of one's body can not handle the powerful molecules of essential oils so you could possibly end up with burns on those delicate tissues. The second piece of info that bothers me  more is...people are using capsules of essential oils as suppositories!!! In my humble opinion...using e.o.'s this way is not recommended in anyway, shape or form!! Essential oils are meant to be inhaled, applied to the skin, used in cool mist diffusers, etc. They will get into your body through skin absorption in less than 20 minutes, inhaling them takes even less time than that!! Be so very cautious & be patient! They are potent in their own right, respect that & do some major research if you are told it's ok to ingest them. Now a drop or two of like peppermint e.o. to swish in your mouth as a rinse would be ok, but you don't want to swallow it...that's just an example.

I have something else I want to address and it may make some angry, but I have to say it. I am tired of certain MLM essential oil companies professing their oils are the ONLY ones out there that are therapeutic. Truth is...ALL essential oils are therapeutic in their own right & they all can help heal! The biggest hurdle is finding a reputable company that sells the unadulterated essential oils! If you are unsure of the quality of your essential oil, there is a test you can do. Put one drop of your e.o. on a piece of paper & let it evaporate, once done there should be almost nothing left of that drop...if you see any type of oily residue of any kind, then that e.o. has been tampered (adulterated) with, which lowers it's quality. In all honesty though, how many of these MLM essential oil companies share any type of information like this to help the consumer learn...all that matters to them in my humble opinion...is that almighty dollar!!! Because of their claims, hype & their marketing is the reason the FDA has clamped down on the small businesses in regards to essential oils. Just FYI!

I have seen some very high dollar prices on some certain 'aromatherapy' products & personally, I think it's outrageous. The more you learn, the more you can make wise decisions on your own & not pay those high dollar prices. so do your research!!! Being knowledgeable about the use of essential oils can only benefit YOU!! Find a qualified aromatherapist you can trust & pick their brain too!

SPF means nothing when a product contains a phototoxic essential oil. All your fruit ones: lemon, lime, orange & grapefruit are phototoxic. All phototoxic means is that you can be more sensitive to the sun's burning rays after you have applied these essential oils to your skin, nothing more.

I do want to alert people about others selling sweetgrass as an essential oil. There is no such thing!! Some have re-named it Calamus, not the same...this e.o. can be toxic & weather or not it smells like sweetgrass is questionable. They try to sell it under other names as well, so buyer beware!!!

Vanilla is not an essential oil, but an absolute which is a different critter altogether. Rose Otto is not a pure rose essential oil. Pure rose e.o. is so expensive, very few can even afford it. Strawberry, pear, cherry and the like are not essential oils.

The laws in the country are making it more difficult to bring you information about effective alternative treatments. We are not allowed to say a product will effectively kill bacteria, viruses, etc.(even though it's been proven & we know this) otherwise it falls under FDA jurisdiction. So you will have to do more research on your own, ask questions, gather your own information from reliable sources.,..then proceed from what you have gathered. Just a friendly reminder!!





1 comment:

  1. Great article! I have been hearing horrible stories about MLM advice and claims.. I can't understand why they are not shut down.

    ReplyDelete