Welcome to my blog!!! I have been an herbalist & an aromatherapist for over 20 years!! My blog is over 8 years old & there are over 100 informative blogs here. Everything from herbs to some personal blogs. Not only do I have hopes of teaching the masses, I too, have learned a lot during my research on different topics! There's always new & updated information in the herbal & essential oil worlds. There are blogs on herbs, essential oils, nutrition, supplements, different modalities of healing and just a little bit of everything!! Maybe in reading my blogs, just one person will come away with a bit of knowledge that they might be able to help themselves or another human being, I would consider that to be a great blessing.....

Over the years I have had several businesses. It seems I can't get away from seeing if a certain herb or essential oil can help a fellow human and that's usually how it starts. So now, I am in Arizona, I was asked again if I would be interested in starting another herbal biz!! So we now have Herbs 4 Health!! Numerous herbal blends....single essential oils...essential oil blends....supplements....tinctures all to help the body to heal itself.

The information in these blogs is not meant in any way shape or form to plagiarize, for I have never said this is all MY work. It is a compilation of reputable informative websites, my 'go to' books I have always depended upon & my own knowledge. I gather & put together information to help people learn & this way they can come back here to help remind themselves of said information instead of 'where oh where did I find that on the world wide web'. Seems to me it's just better & easier.

DISCLAIMER: This information does not diagnose, treat or heal any type illness or disease.

























Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Can Heat Destroy the Health Benefits of Essential Oils???

Just recently, I had a conversation where they mentioned maybe this topic needs to be more researched. I was inclined to agree. So I did!! Now mind you, there isn't ALOT of evidence out there on this subject, but since I was fairly sure I already knew the answer, it was just a matter of confirming what I thought I already knew.

Distilling to make an essential oil is way different than applying heat to the end product. The distillation process is done by so many that really know what they are doing. As much as I love essential oils, I would never attempt to undertake such a process...I will leave that to the pros!

Essential oils in candles is a big thing. Unfortunately, thru the process of burning the candle, the beneficial properties of the essential oil will get destroyed. You will smell a scent as a 'aromatherapy' candle is burning, but to get all the benefits of that e.o., ummm NO. Adding a drop to one of those light bulb rings & putting it on the light bulb...the beneficial properties will get destroyed.

There are ways to add essential oils to candles to be able to smell them...after the candle has burned for a bit and there is some melted wax accumulated, you can blow out the candle & add a few drops of an essential oil to that. I know, it's not the same...but to get the benefits...that's how it should be done.

When I used to make my ointments, creams, etc. I remove the base from the heat & let it cool for a couple minutes, then I add my essential oils.

There are sooooo many ways to use essential oils to receive the full benefits, then candle thing shouldn't even be an issue! The light bulb rings aren't nearly as popular as they used to be. What really gets under my skin are the companies that say essential oils of cherry, vanilla, strawberry and a host of others. They do not exist. Oh for sure they smell good, and they might help you feel good, but that's the extent of the therapeutic benefits.

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had hoped to get a temperature as I had to reheat an anti aging butter that I make because it solidified incorrectly. I am not sure why but I felt remelting it might work. It never got above 130. Did I lose any of the essential oil benefits?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth, one really doesn't know until you start using the product. But if you heated it very slowly,you may not have destroyed their benefits. Thanks for posting and blessings!

      Delete
  3. I am very happy to visit your site and i did like it. I was able to get some informative topics. keep it up and you can also visit my site for your reference. Thank you and have a good day.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about just putting them in hot coffee or tea? Will that still destroy the beneficial properties?

    ReplyDelete
  5. T-Bone, it depends on just how hot the drink is, tho I wouldn't put more than say a drop in there, IF that much as they are pretty strong to be taking internally. You can let it cool for a bit, then add ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been browsing online more than 4 hours today, yet I
    never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me.
    In my opinion, if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be
    much more useful than ever before.

    This uplifting, positive comment was left on this post, unfortunately I can't seem to track it down, but I did receive an e-mail in regards to it, so I am posting it myself. This comment made me feel very good about what I am trying to do here & maybe, just maybe I DO know what I am talking about!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, this was a very nice post. In idea I wish to put in writing like this additionally – taking time and actual effort to make a very good article… however what can I say… I procrastinate alot and under no circumstances seem to get one thing done. online casino gambling

    ReplyDelete
  9. My essential oils were left on my hot front porch floor. Rockrose Cistus and Thyme. They were extremely warm when I unpacked them. My question is, are they now destroyed?
    Love the Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry, I just now saw your question. All you can do is go by your nose and feel. use one and see if it helps you first! there is no cut & dry in this case ;)

      Delete
  10. Thanks for this article very helpful. thanks. Health Topics

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found this blog and have high hopes for it to continue. Keep up the great work, its hard to find good ones. I have added to my favorites. Thank You. koktale

    ReplyDelete