Welcome to my blog!!! I have been an herbalist & an aromatherapist for over 20 years!! My blog is over 10 years old & there are over 100 informative blogs here. Not only do I have hopes of teaching the masses, I too, have learned a lot during my research on different topics! There's always new & updated information in the herbal & essential oil worlds. There are blogs on herbs, essential oils, nutrition, supplements, different modalities of healing and just a little bit of everything!! Maybe in reading my blogs, just one person will come away with a bit of knowledge that they might be able to help themselves or another human being, I would consider that to be a great blessing.....

Over the years I have had several businesses. It seems I can't get away from seeing if a certain herb or essential oil can help a fellow human and that's usually how it starts. I am now in Arizona and I was asked again if I would be interested in starting another herbal business!! We now have Herbs 4 Health!! Providing numerous herbs....herbal blends....single essential oils...essential oil blends....minerals....tinctures all to help the body to heal itself.

The information in these blogs is not meant in any way shape or form to plagiarize, for I have never said this is all MY work. It is a compilation of reputable informative websites, my 'go to' books I have always depended upon & my own knowledge. I gather & put together information to help people learn & this way they can come back here to help remind themselves of said information instead of 'where oh where did I find that on the world wide web'. Seems to me it's just better & easier.

DISCLAIMER: All the information in these blogs do not diagnose, treat or heal any type illness or disease.

























Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Celtic vs Himalayan Sea Salts





Many believe Himalayan salt is the purest on Mother Earth. "It's history dates back to creation, it's believed to be composed of dried remanents  of the original primal sea." AKA pink gold, it's a beautiful pinkish color & contains all 84 of the minerals & elements found in the human body. Drs. of 'functional medicine' report that consuming it regularly can be beneficial to the following:

  • Regulate the water content throughout your body
  • Promote healthy pH balance in your cells (particularly your brain cells)
  • Promote blood sugar health and can help reduce the signs of aging
  • Assist in the generation of hydroelectric energy in cells in your body
  • Absorb food particles through your intestinal tract
  • Support respiratory health
  • Promote sinus health
  • Prevent muscle cramps
  • Promote bone strength
  • Regulate your sleep
  • Support your libido
  • Promote vascular health
  • Regulate your blood pressure with sufficient water and potassium intake

  • Celtic sea salt is comparable to the health benefits of the 'pink gold' salt & is another ancient commodity! It's a grayish hue & is naturally harvested in Brittany, France near the Celtic Sea. It uses a 2,000 year old celtic method which is crucial to preserving it's life-giving nutritional value. It's interesting to note this salt retains it's moisture content & is moist to the touch no matter how its stored! The actual name....Celtic Sea Salt is apparently a registered trademark, just FYI. It is also highly beneficial for:

    1. Alkalize the body
    2. Balance blood sugars
    3. Eliminate mucus buildup
    4. Build immunity
    5. Improve brain function
    6. Increase energy
    7. Provide electrolyte balance
    8. Promote restful sleep
    9. Prevent muscle cramps
    10. Regulate heartbeat and blood pressure
    So see, they both have amazing health properties in them!!! I have to admit, I haven't tried the celtic one, but I have been using the pink gold one for years!!!!

    Thank you Dr. Axe for all your hard work and this information!!!


    1 comment:

    1. I use the pink salt these days, simple because it's easier to get where I live. Of all places, the local tobacco shop carries it! They sell it in small bags, salt lamps, big slabs that you can stand on to help detox your body (not sure about that), and salt inhalers for the lungs. I made my own inhaler by drilling tiny holes in the lid and bottom of a clean supplement bottle, then filling it with the salt. Much cheaper. The funny thing is, I KNOW that the gentleman who owns the shop is NOT from the Himalayas, but from another part of the world. However, he always tells me he is from the Himalayas, and that his family brings this salt from there! I simply smile, nod, and pay for my little bags of pink goodness. I would like to try the Celtic salt if I an find it. Good post!

      ReplyDelete